Lets begin again

When I had some down time last December (2017) I decided that I should start thinking about how I wanted to keep up with our family blog and what I wanted to share.  After a few conversations with family members it became clear to me that my concept of what "my family blog" would or should be about, had changed. The older kiddos are grown ups and have grown up lives and while I would never not include them in what I share on a blog, the truth is (and it hurts my little cold black heart to admit)  that the day to day life, will revolve around the younger two.  It became obvious that some changes would have to be made.  I decided that starting a new blog would be the best thing to do.

If you're wondering about the name of this blog, well, its a long story that goes back to my childhood. My dad would joke that he was raised by wolves. I can't remember why I mentioned it to Noah one day but I did, and Noah proudly proclaimed he was a wolf too. A wolf-pup to be exact because he was little. Then "being a wolf" became something that we playfully used around the house to describe behaviors that we inherited from my dad.  Things like, we are hardly ever cold.  I had to fight both Avery and Noah to wear a jacket as toddlers and to this day, both of them would prefer to not wear one no matter how cold it is outside.  I told Noah the reason they hate jackets is because they are wolves and they like the cold. I don't like to be bundled up either, I feel like I can't breathe and always say I need to feel that its cold outside.  I wear thin jackets so that I'm not too warm, which is what my dad does.  I have never seen my dad bundled up that I can recall. Noah loves the idea of "being a wolf" so a few mornings ago when I was talking to him about his baby brother, I asked him if he thought he'd be a wolf too, and he said he knew he was. That's where the name for this blog came from - Noah helped choose it. Makes sense because Noah picked his brother's middle name too. Noah also helped choose the background image for this blog.

Noah has been actively involved in a lot of things that have to do with his baby brother.  Last year, he started telling people he was going to be a big brother long before Scott and I even considered having another child. He was just so sure.  He prayed for a baby brother at bible study in his class and knew when I got pregnant it was a boy.  It's been very sweet to see his excitement and protective care for me and his brother.  He constantly walks up to me nuzzles my belly and kisses it and says hi to his baby brother.

A typical morning in our home is Noah's hand on my belly while he talks to his brother and feels him kick:



Last weekend while my parents were here for their bi-monthly visit,  I said to my mom, "I wonder what this child inside of me is doing and I wish we could just see what he was up to all the time." Then we talked about how in the future at home sonograms would be a thing or at least they should be for people like me who can't wait and die inside waiting and wanting to know things.  I got the idea to call a 4d ultrasound place and see how much it would cost to pop in and just have an ultrasound done to see what he looks like. I was able to schedule an appointment for the same day and get in in a few hours.  Much to my surprise, this baby looks exactly like Noah did.  I expected them to look similar but exactly the same - not at all. 

This is our little guy: 


I can't wait to share more of my little wolves' adventures with you!

Comments